Provide personal administrative support to management and the company through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
- Maintain schedules and calendars
- Arrange and confirm appointments
- Handle incoming phone calls, emails, mail and other material
- set up and maintain document management systems
- collate information
- communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information
- liaison with internal and external contacts
- coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally
- operate office equipment
- manage office supplies
- social media applications
Education and Experience
- relevant training or qualification
- knowledge and experience of relevant software applications including spreadsheets and database management (desktop computer systems and programs, Word, MS Publisher, Excel)
- knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- knowledge of business principles
- proficient in spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- proven experience of producing correspondence and documents
- proven experience in information and communication management
- required typing speed
- verbal and written communication skills
- attention to detail
- planning and organizing
- time management
- interpersonal skills
- stress tolerance
- basic math skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Office administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Office assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Funeral Home Transporter
Includes but is not limited to:
- Be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Drivers License
- Ability to work irregular and/or flexible hours
- Be insurable in accordance with Department of Transportation regulations
- Coordinate and conduct maintenance of vehicles to include seasonal start up inspections, routine maintenance and final inspections of vehicle (s).
- Conduct daily walk around inspection of vehicle(s) prior to and after use.
Job Type: Full-time
- driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Overview & Responsibilities
This is the opportunity to be part of Wills Fuenral Service and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Provides customer service in all areas of funeral arrangements, cremation ceremonies, and internment to assist families to achieve peace following the loss of a loved one. It provides exemplary personalized and professional service. Implements choices made by the families or legal representative regarding the funeral, final disposition of the body and memorialization of the individual. Interacts with the family to fulfill death care needs. Ensures customer needs are addressed.
• Arranges and conducts funeral and memorial ceremonies in a professional, organized and caring manner consistent with company policies and procedures
• Negotiates and enters into funeral contracts
• Handles contracts, legal documents, and collection of payment in accordance with company policies.
• Ensures client families are informed of special recognition/services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition/services.
• Arranges for the interment or cremation of human remains
• Adheres to all company and regulatory requirements
• Retains heritage and grows market share through active involvement with the community, religious and other organizations
• Performs on-call responsibilities including:
• Taking first calls
• Talking with families
• Answering questions
• Providing initial details
• Conducting transfers
• Confirms authorization to proceed with the service arrangements
• Supervises and cares for the deceased in a respectful manner while performing a variety of tasks which include:
• Embalming, including verifying the identity of the deceased and obtaining authorization for embalming
• Dressing, styling hair and/or applying cosmetics.
• Preparing cremated remains, including container selection, paperwork and identification procedures
• Any other preparation required for human remains
• Supervises funeral services by:
• Supervising the parking of cars
• Driving funeral vehicles
• Assisting at chapel and church services
• Assisting at the cemetery
• Delivering flowers, caskets, urn, photos and other personal keepsakes or mementos of client families
• Setting up chairs and the removing, properly caring for and storing of these items
• Participating at special functions
• Other duties, as required
• Ensures adherence to all applicable professional, municipal, provincial/state and federal licensing authority, regulations and rules
• Provides aftercare in absence of Family Service Counselor. Aftercare includes delivery of:
• Information on insurance, health benefits, and pension
• Pre-arrangements for next of kin
• Ensures potential pre-need referrals are shared with Family Service Counselors
• Completes and accurately prepares all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry; prepares reports as necessary
• May assist with general office duties
• May assist with the maintenance of vehicles, the facility, and the property
• Receives caskets and other funeral home supplies as well as places into inventory
• Ensures refreshments are available (where allowed by law)
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
• High School diploma or general equivalency degree (or diploma).
• Completion of a dual degree training program at an accredited mortuary college or technical school specializing in funeral AND mortuary science.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as an Embalmer, Apprentice or Funeral Director, Apprentice in a funeral firm or embalming facility.
• Must meet all licensing requirement in applicable state/province as required by law as prescribed by each state board.
• Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of religious and fraternal organizations customs.
• Knowledge of computers and some software including MS Office products required
• High level of compassion and integrity
• Good communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to multi task and set priorities
• Detail oriented